You know you have been brewing for too long when...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

State of the mind

Reaction score
Bit bored so I thought I would start this thread. :)

You Know you have been brewing for too long when...

1) You cannot go to a supermarket without going down the juice, sugar and fruit isles.

2) Your friends brought you a 50kg worth of assorted grains for xmas and you thought it was the best present ever

3) You go to the fruit bowl, you choose which fruit for lunch based on what you think would make a addition to your latest home-brewed batch

4) Your partner complains that you are prefer beer to him/her

5) There are only 3 plants in your garden... Hops, more hops and Barley

6) You have considered getting a second mortgage to finance the conversion of your house into a microbrewery

Sorry for the poor examples, I'm sure you get the idea though...

PS, in my excitement to post this, I accidentally posted in the wrong section. Could you please move to; "Beer Brewing Discussions!". Sorry

7) when you have a micro
8) when you have a herd of cornies
9) Built a bar in your living room

I will leave more for you folk its endless :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

11) You bitterly resent paying pub prices because you know you can brew better for one tenth of the price.

12) You flatly refuse to pay pub prices unless you can leave with a carrier bag full of empty bottles.

13) Your family get seriously embarrassed because they can't go out for a pub meal without you clanking through the pub prior to returning home, with a carrier bag full of empty bottles.

14) You still occasionally buy cider from the supermarket, but only because it's on offer and comes in great bottles.

15) You develop the vision skills of an Apache helicopter pilot; you can drive to w**k with one eye on the road and the other scouring the hedgerows for free ingredients.

16) You walk down the supermarket beer aisle, try to catch the attention of the security camera, point at the shelf prices and p!$$ yourself laughing.

17) Your neighbour brings you their empty wine bottles on the evening before recycling collection, then hangs around and chats in the hope that you might give them a Wurzel's in return.

18) You spend more time on the Forum than with your family.
19) Even the dog gets pi**ed off when you turn your computer on.
20) Your brewery is your haven.
21) You get free meat from the local Butcher in exchange for your HB.

22) Anything Stainless is turned into something for the brewery
23) Your looking at anything that might be made into something for the brewery
24) Not only have you a cornie and a bar but you also have a gas Management board

25. When you have three breweries in the loft . . . and one in the shed . . . . and one in the garden

26. when the 12.5 barrel microbrewery you recently installed, is now personally regarded by yourself as too small....

27. When You upgrade from 2.5BBLs to 5BBLs . . . . and still have no customers

Latest posts

Back