Wow Freecycle is ACE!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandan

Regular.
Reaction score
I am very happy tonight as my brewing capicity has increased! :cool:
Today I recived from a lovely lady via freecycle :thumb: :

7 x Demijohns
2 x 5 Gal Fermentation Buckets
1 x 6 Gal Fermentation Vat
1 x Selfbuilt Racking Stand
1 x Roto-Keg
1 x Boots Filter
2 x Hydro's
2 x Trail Jars
1 x Corker
1 x Thermostatic Heater
1 x Hambleton Bard S30 C02 Cannister

Plus Loads of other stuff including: tubes, Funnels, Sieves, airlocks, :thumb: bungs.

Plus some yeasts and cemicals that are destined for the bin! (some are dated 1981 :eek: )

I parted with some Dangaarden to say THANK YOU!!!

Wow! Nice one dandan :thumb:

I've just acquired 9 demijohns, 1 gallon stoneware cider jug, hydrometer, trial jar, unused nylon straining bag still in sealed Boot's packet, a vinometer and a couple of other odds and sods, but I think you've easily beaten that haul.

Nice haul,

I've given away a load of Demijohns on freecycle . . . and I'm just waiting for someone to collect She's Dawes Lady Galaxy Bike
Its all right, She does have a new bike :lol:

dandan said:
Nice one :thumb: I've just found one of those vinometer things in my haul, how does it work??

Tee hee, I'm one up on dandan after all, mine's still got the instructions :grin:

"Pour a little of the wine into the cup of the Vinometer until a drop appears at the bottom. Make sure that the line is not broken by air bubbles. Cover the lower pointed end with your finger, turn the Vinometer UPSIDE DOWN, and the wine will descend in the tube. Where it stops will indicate the alcoholic content of your wine. Repeat the test two or three times, and if consistent you will know that it is correct."

What they don't seem to tell you is that once it's upside down you've got to take your finger OFF the pointy end, and you need better eyesight than mine or a magnifying glass to read the chuffin' thing!

Oh, and by the way, mine originally cost eight shillings and fourpence.
(To the youngsters on this forum, that's nearly 42p)

OMG, am I really that old? :(

For the instructions, everything else they kept has instructions except that!

The markings are very small on the Vinometer!

In my goodies i've found some labels off wine kits that are marked up as £1.25 from Do It All!! packets of yeast that are marked up 12p from Witches HBS in Burnley that closed down years ago and a new box of steriliser with a boots till receipt inside dated 1981 (thats 5 years older than me!!! :shock: )

:hmm: Now I wounder what I can find on the local Realcycle Group!

Latest posts

Back