Woodfords wherry.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did one last week, split the kit into batches and dry hopped two of them with Styrian Goldings, as I read that is what Wherry is hopped with - one batch got 1g/L and the other got 2g/L, I'm leaving one un-dry-hopped for comparison.

I bet that is good Jim as it will counter some of the sweetness you can get in Wherry, let us know how it turns out

I bet that is good Jim as it will counter some of the sweetness you can get in Wherry, let us know how it turns out

I'm drinking my first batch of Wherry at present. Now you mention it, the slightest hint of sweetness is there but not obtrusive. I like it. In fact, I like it so much, I just ordered 2 more Wherry kits!

I'm drinking my first batch of Wherry at present. Now you mention it, the slightest hint of sweetness is there but not obtrusive. I like it. In fact, I like it so much, I just ordered 2 more Wherry kits!
Wilco sell it for £20. Bargain and I like the sweetness.
I did one last week, split the kit into batches and dry hopped two of them with Styrian Goldings, as I read that is what Wherry is hopped with - one batch got 1g/L and the other got 2g/L, I'm leaving one un-dry-hopped for comparison.
Keep me posted if you would. Wilco sell a 40 pint kit for £20. Cheers

I’m currently Fermenting a all grain recipe for Wherry following a recipe given by Ray Ashworth online on another forum.

I did a Wherry kit earlier this Year that i dry hopped with Ekg on day 10. Corny kegged it Day 14,
after a week in the corny it was great, it didn’t last long.
Tonight i’m doing another wherry kit, this time i’ve added 25g of ekg to a muslin bag which
I added to several litres of boiling water in the Fv to stew for 5 - 10 mins.
I then added the malt extract, after 10 days in the fv i plan to dry hop again with 25g of Ekg .

Experimentation one of the best things about Homebrew is that you can try different combinations and make a beer exactly to your taste. Wherry is a good one certainly better than you get in a bottle and comparable to the Cask Version sold in Norfolk.

Also Malt Miller have the Wherry starter kit at half price - so effectively you get the kit with a free fermenting bin, hydrometer etc :

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product-category/that-friday-in-november/
I was only aware of Wherry via the kit as I've never lived anywhere where the commercial beer was "local", but I noticed it on my annual foray to the Waitrose beer section for Fuller's Vintage and I have to say Wherry works pretty well.

Latest posts

Back