Widget world universal barrel hose

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnc86

Reaction score
y7017%20400.jpg

If I had an s30 on my plastic wilkos pressure keg/barrel, could It at the same time as my corny using my pub cylinder with a secondary regulator?

Also is it possible to force carbonate with a plastic keg??

johnc86 said:
y7017%20400.jpg

If I had an s30 on my plastic wilkos pressure keg/barrel, could It at the same time as my corny using my pub cylinder with a secondary regulator?

Also is it possible to force carbonate with a plastic keg??
You cant force carbonate a plastic keg it wont hold the pressure prime it and gas

You can force carbonate a plastic keg . . . you just have to do it at lower temperatures . . . because you can't go above 10psi . . . . and you can't do the pick up and shake method either . . . so its set the pressure and forget it for a week or two . . . And yes a universal barrel hose and s30 valve does mean you can use your pub gas to supply your corny and plastic keg . . provided you don't go above 10psi :nono:

Cool. So id just set the regulator to psi, then leave it alone and it would be carbonated??

Would there be a way of gassing it to psi and then taking away from the supply so I could put in the cold? If so, would it mean some sort of tap/valve on the hose between the regulator and the s30 valve, or would it maintain pressure when the s30 adapter was disconnected?

These are probably really stupid questions so Im sorry if they seem obvious to you. Cheers.

You have to keep it cold and attached . . . then unfortunately when you brought it in to the warm the CO2 would gradually come out of solution into the head space . . . If you can get it at about 10psi and 10C then you get a good level of 'pub' style carbonation . . . but not pub lager levels . . . for that you need 10 psi and 5C

Yes you would need a tap in the hose or you will get through a lot of cylinders . . . ideally when 'force' carbonating this way you need to have the pressure on while the CO2 dissolves into teh beer . . . . i.e. while its in the cold

I have ordered one of these.

I have 2 secondary regulators with outlets built into my regulator. If I was to prime the beer in the keg (forget about force carbonation), could I just attach the universal barrel hose as and when needed? To add a squirt of gas when it starts to go flat?? Would I just connect it to the reg outlet and to the s30 and then turn up the pressure (only a few psi), and then just disconnect the barrel hose and turn the regulator back down to 0 when its pressured to the desirable amount?

That would be ideal if it would work. I could use my plastic keg again for a while until I get another corny........

Latest posts

Back