what is the world coming too!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy1971

Regular.
Reaction score
That poor referee whos been killed in holland,how discusting and his own son must of been horrified to see the abuse he suffered.Has the world gone mad !!!!! :evil: RIP you poor man :(

What makes it worse is the fact they were kids of 15/16 who were beating him!!!
Glad to see the club have pulled the team out of the league and said that the boys in question will never be associated with the club again

calumscott said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20583970

That really does prove a point about football(ers)...

Nothing to do with football IMO. They are just thugs who happen to play the game.

Football in general is totally out of hand!

You watch any rugby game an most, if not all, of the players totally respect the ref. It comes from all the **** they watch on tv from the professionals and really needs to be looked at.

ScottM said:
calumscott said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20583970

That really does prove a point about football(ers)...

Nothing to do with football IMO. They are just thugs who happen to play the game.

Disagree (almost) entirely. The whole of football at any level above the pub leagues is rotten to the core from owners to managers (actually they're probably the best of the bunch) to players. The petulance displayed on the pitch by players who expect to be paid an absolute fortune is embarrassing in the extreme, abuse of officials, cheating of all grades from nicking yards at free kicks to deliberate attempts to dupe officials into disciplining opponents, simple thuggish abuse of match officials... want me to continue?

And no, this isn't me reading from the hyped up press, this is a few of years of Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights at the County Ground.

The whole Chelsea/Clattenburg affair is another case in point. "One of ours got into trouble by the authorities for racism so we'll stitch up one of theirs."

Actually, how about this as an amendment:

That really does prove a point about "professional" football(ers)...

simonlpearce said:
You watch any rugby game an most, if not all, of the players totally respect the ref. It comes from all the **** they watch on tv from the professionals and really needs to be looked at.

and the spectators will happily stand next to opposing spectators, often with a pint in hand and have a good afternoons craic :thumb:

Rugby..........the game for Gentlemen.....

yes there are things wrong even with Rugby. The Bloodgate affair to name one.

Rugby is a violent contact sport, discipline is key so it doesn't just end up in a free for all fight. Yes Sir No Sir to the ref, speak out of turn once and 10 yards of ground your penalised, do it twice and your sin binned. Agree or not agree, the referees word is final, in all cases.

Mind you there was one international referee that was ordered to attend an anger management course.... he hee

And they are not paid extravagant wages..... unless they go to play in Continental clubs, were money is more freely available.

Knock 7 bells of ***** ( legally ) for 80 mins out of your opponent, and then go have a few beers with him after the match. Spectators too all mix good humouredly and can drink during the game, no sign of any crowd disturbances. International matches players and spectators sing their respective anthems with gusto, and passion.

and we got to beat the Mighty All Blacks last Saturday !! first time for 9 years and only the 3rd time since 1908, I think it was.....
Did we mock them...........................of course we did.... ha haaaaa :D

A Dutch friend of mine who lives in the same town has said this has shocked the community.

As you can imagine the rumour mill is rife with "who, why, where and when" speculation.

I can only offer my condolences to the poor man's family.

I can't believe how judgemental you guys are being.

So let me get this straight. If you enjoy playing football, or being involved with football, you are automatically someone capable of committing murder? Or at the very least assault?

Some of you lot don't half enjoy getting a big brush of tar and just going nuts over anything you aren't interested in.

FWIW I'm not a football player and I never have been, but just because a couple of thugs took it upon themselves to assault someone because they weren't happy with how they officiated a match doesn't mean that this is the mindset of normal people.

Everything is so cut and dry with some of you guys it's unreal. The reasoned response following such a ridiculous statement is laughable too Calum, I don't get you sometimes.

As for rugby, the players might respect the ref (at least most of the time) but the way they try to underhandedly injure other players on the pitch hardly makes it a gentlemanly game.

It doesn't matter what corner of the world you are in, what your likes, dislikes, hobbies, tastes are... there is always a minority who will spoil it for the majority.

Scott, it's not the people who watch it or play it on a Sunday or in their lunch hour at work. But you have to admit that there is a certain character trait that seems prevalent among those who play, and aspire to play at the professional level.

There are far more Terrys than Linekers...

So what's not to get? Welcome to the internet, dude! A place of banter, opinion, nonsense and noise. Just another bloke with a keyboard and a pile of stuff that pisses me off...

calumscott said:
Scott, it's not the people who watch it or play it on a Sunday or in their lunch hour at work. But you have to admit that there is a certain character trait that seems prevalent among those who play, and aspire to play at the professional level.

So what's not to get? Welcome to the internet, dude! A place of banter, opinion, nonsense and noise. Just another bloke with a keyboard and a pile of stuff that pisses me off...

That's totally different though, surely you can see my point here? The guy lost his life at the hands of a couple of thugs and your immediate reaction to that is along the lines of "typical footballers".

Even when I pointed that out you had to go on a rant about the footballing system and how corrupt it is, as if taking the chance to vent about something you don't like, which had absolutely no bearing on the circumstances of these events. Very strange behaviour, but then that's just my opinion.

ScottM said:
calumscott said:

That's totally different though, surely you can see my point here? The guy lost his life at the hands of a couple of thugs and your immediate reaction to that is along the lines of "typical footballers".

Even when I pointed that out you had to go on a rant about the footballing system and how corrupt it is, as if taking the chance to vent about something you don't like, which had absolutely no bearing on the circumstances of these events. Very strange behaviour, but then that's just my opinion.

I don't quite get how you don't quite get the correlation! These are players for a club in the (presumably) national youth league, and so will be a team of youths who presumably have some kind of aspiration towards playing at a higher level...

...these are not a few work mates having a game of football, these are people who are (or likely aspire to be) PART of football.

If this had been that, a linesman kicked to death in some random works league or local pub league I'd take your point.

...and if you think *this* is strange behaviour!?!?! :rofl:

calumscott said:
ScottM said:
calumscott said:

I don't quite get how you don't quite get the correlation! These are players for a club in the (presumably) national youth league, and so will be a team of youths who presumably have some kind of aspiration towards playing at a higher level...

...these are not a few work mates having a game of football, these are people who are (or likely aspire to be) PART of football.

If this had been that, a linesman kicked to death in some random works league or local pub league I'd take your point.

...and if you think *this* is strange behaviour!?!?! :rofl:

I feel like we're going round in circles with this. My point is if it was a rugby player, or <insert other sport player>, you wouldn't be saying "typical <other sport> player".

You seem to have a real grudge against football and thus tied the responsibility of this death to the sport rather than just to the individuals involved. My point is that these sort of individuals are present in all walks of life.

Anyway, that's enough on the subject from me. Again, we'll just agree to disagree I guess.

ScottM said:
I feel like we're going round in circles with this. My point is if it was a rugby player, or <insert other sport player>, you wouldn't be saying "typical <other sport> player".

You seem to have a real grudge against football and thus tied the responsibility of this death to the sport rather than just to the individuals involved. My point is that these sort of individuals are present in all walks of life.

Anyway, that's enough on the subject from me. Again, we'll just agree to disagree I guess.

We are. Because there are more ways than one to look at it. You have chosen yours, I mine. (But while I'm at it, I didn't suggest that bad people don't exist in other sports or professions - bankers or journos anyone? - just that football and it's "results at all costs" basis really has a higher proportion of them, perhaps actively encourage it). And I don't have a grudge against football, I love it (watching, not playing, too lazy), it's the lack of respect for the game itself that is the one thing that p****s me off about it and has, on a good number of occasions had me cringing in the stands.

So no, not the responsibility of the sport, just an extreme example of the on-pitch bad behaviour endemic in the sport.

I'm out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back