What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dark beers from @phildo79 are always a treat, and this is no exception.
Superbly crafted coffee stout, a little low on carb but all out on flavour. Silky mouthfeel and vanilla-ish aftertaste.
Cheers mate, it’s a belter!

IMG_3811.jpeg

The day before I left UK, the last supper with a couple of Tribute draught beers, I can see what all the fuss is about with this beer. Excellent drop.
IMG_1437.JPG

Trying some more of the bottled beer, wanted to see what Blue Monkey was like from the bottle and still an excellent beer, while there was a hint of citrus it was barely noticeable.
IMG_1435.JPG

Rev James was ordinary one I wouldn't buy twice.
IMG_1431.JPG

JHB a nice beer if one is looking for a more citrus finish refreshing but not a fan of this type of beer.
IMG_1432.JPG

A lively pour of 1845, a lovely beer the second I had in the fridge for a while so poured better.
IMG_1433.JPG

On the whole I enjoyed most of the beers the stand outs were the Tribute, Big Sip, Hairy Helmet and the two Tynt Meadow Monastery beers.
IMG_1414.JPG

My wife on my return wanted to see my photos taken over my 3-week stay, these are the only two that didn't involve beer or pubs, my sisters dog and the inside of the Abbey.😂
IMG_1410.JPG

IMG_1413.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back