Weather warning...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all
just a little warning to check the temp where you are storing your beers. The temp in my shed reached over 25 yesterday and I lost 3 bottles. One (a bottle of ginger beer - notoriously lively), exploded in my face. I remember hearing it but didn't see a thing. I was in the process of moving them, had just stood it in it's new location and it went. I have a large cut just under my lip (blood everywhere, kids freaked!), and a graze on my cheek.... I can consider myself excetionally lucky that the glass didn't get my eyes.

I'm a little worried about going in my shed again... may have to wait until next weekend and attempt to move them dressed in riot gear!
:cry:

Never give it a thought hope mine are ok...I know it's serious...but your last line cracked me up :rofl: I got pictures of you dressed up in riot gear just to have a beer :rofl:

I've found that a filing cabinet will take 40 500ml bottles in each drawer so if any go they should be contained

But having said that I think I will drop a couple of freezer blocks in each drawer when I get home :shock: :shock:

:D I just couldn't bring myself to use plastic

Filing cabinet is a great idea... I have to pluck up courage to re-enter the shed at some point. Problem is, I need to go in there to move the bottles before the day has had a chance to warm them all up again - I won't be able to do that until next weekend.

I have some space under the stairs, much cooler there.

Growler said:
I've found that a filing cabinet will take 40 500ml bottles in each drawer
Excellent - thanks for that :thumb:
I should never have the “Danger UXBB” problem as mine are stored down a cellar and if anything I under-prime, but I've got an old filing cabinet which might get cleared out and relocated tonight.

I'm glad you got off lightly this time Tony, hope you've found some gloves, thick clothing and a full-face visor before you move the rest.

Moley said:
I'm glad you got off lightly this time Tony, hope you've found some gloves, thick clothing and a full-face visor before you move the rest.

Thanks Moley! I plan to be fully 'tooled-up' when I re-enter the war zone. :cheers:

Yeah all ok today. Bruise has come out too .. so everyone at work thinks I got beaten up in the pub after the england Fiasco (deliberate use of small 'e' and capital 'F').

Good idea with the cold towel .. although I think I may throw it over me instead :D

Cheers all!

Latest posts

Back