Turbo Cider(Ribena)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braesider

Reaction score
Hello everybody, can someone help me please, i plan on making some tc pretty soon and bottling in pint bottles, how much ribena will i need to put in each bottle as a primer can i do this ?

hard to tell mate, i would say 1 spoonful to start but if you want to risk broken bottles then try 2 then 3 its all trial and error i dont know how much sugar is in a spoonful

oh and you have to make sure there is nothing in the ribena that will kill off the yeast otherwise it wont carbonate.

you could however just add normal sugar then when it comes to drinking just add ribena to taste

Thanks for the reply josh, nice to meet you, i have since found an article about sugar content in ribena, which says there is 1teaspoon of sugar in every tablespoon of ribena, so will try a tablespoon of ribena as a primer in a pint bottle but will check the contents first to see if it needs boiling and see what happens

i believe (although this is just what i have been told) that Ribena contains lots of nastys that stop the yeast from doing its business and boiling them gets rid of them.

Im sure someone else has a better explanation and maybe a scientific reason

Back