Trump-Russia: Michael Flynn admits lying to FBI

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Landlord.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There may be trouble ahead -

President Donald Trump's ex-national security adviser, Michael Flynn, has pleaded guilty to making a false statement to the FBI in January.

Mr Flynn was forced to resign the following month after misleading the White House about meeting the Russian ambassador before Mr Trump took office.

The charges were brought by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, as part of his investigation into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 US election.

Mr Flynn arrived at court on Friday.

He admitted to one count of knowingly making "false, fictitious and fraudulent statements".

According to an AFP reporter, Mr Flynn was asked by Judge Rudolph Contreras if he wished to plead guilty and responded with the words "Yes, sir". The judge continued: "I accept your guilty plea. There will be no trial and there will be probably no appeal."

A short time later he issued a statement in which he said "I recognize that the actions I acknowledged in court today were wrong and, through my faith in God, I am working to set things right".

The former aide is the most senior member of the Trump administration so far to have been indicted by the Mueller investigation.

In October, Mr Trump's former presidential campaign manager, Paul Manafort, was accused of conspiring to defraud the US in his dealings with Ukraine. It also emerged that another ex-aide, George Papadopoulos, had pleaded guilty to making false statements to FBI agents.

Read more - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42192080

If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged.

Harshness towards individuals who flout the laws and commands of state is for the public good; no greater crime against the public interest is possible than to show leniency to those who violate it.

(Also Richelieu)

The BBC were also reporting earlier that Flynn has claimed he was instructed to make contact with the Russians by Trump himself, and that he will cooperate fully with the investigation. This could be the beginning of the end...

Harshness towards individuals who flout the laws and commands of state is for the public good; no greater crime against the public interest is possible than to show leniency to those who violate it.

(Also Richelieu)

If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged.

Are you two having a 'quote off?'

The BBC were also reporting earlier that Flynn has claimed he was instructed to make contact with the Russians by Trump himself, and that he will cooperate fully with the investigation. This could be the beginning of the end...

I heard that but was not sure if they said the usual "sources have confirmed" etc, if it is true Trump is on a very sticky wicket.

I heard that but was not sure if they said the usual "sources have confirmed" etc, if it is true Trump is on a very sticky wicket.

That's why I went with "are reporting" rather than stating it as fact! I have a feeling they'll not mention this again until proper confirmation is in...

Latest posts

Back