The Wriggly Monkey Brewery Limited liquidation auction, Malt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww naww :(
I'm a big car show fan and until 18 months ago, regularly went to shows at Bicester Heritage where they were based.
Would always partake of a pint.

Shame. I thought they were doing quite well - they've been around for a number of years.

WTF is "buyer's premium"? Is that just a way of going "give us more money", like the booking fees when you book a concert ticket?

WTF is "buyer's premium"? Is that just a way of going "give us more money", like the booking fees when you book a concert ticket?
Yup.

Auctioneer charges the person selling commission usually. Sometimes they don't, and charge the buyer a "premium"
Sometimes, they do both.

In this case, a whopping 25% in addition to 20% VAT

25% doesnt' seem unreasonable as a commission that the auctioneer charges... it's just a bit odd/weird/infuriating to go "I'm willing to pay £100 for something" and then being handed a bill for £125.

Mind you, maybe it's different for different people. I know that in America, you get tax added on at the till, so the price you see on the shelf isn't what you pay.

25% doesnt' seem unreasonable as a commission that the auctioneer charges... it's just a bit odd/weird/infuriating to go "I'm willing to pay £100 for something" and then being handed a bill for £125.

Mind you, maybe it's different for different people. I know that in America, you get tax added on at the till, so the price you see on the shelf isn't what you pay.
Do you have instructions how to make own beer with this malt? I may consider bidding
Auction finished now. 4 bags of lager malt went for £46 incl fees.
As for recipies there are lots on the what did you brew today thread

Latest posts

Back