The Homebrew Forum 'Community'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oneflewover

Landlord.
Reaction score
Evenin' all.

There was another "I thought this was a homebrew forum" remark (on the guitar for a beginner recommendations thread) that got me thinking. It always amuses me that it seems to bother people that we might dare to discuss other subjects on the forum. But that's not the point of my post.

It seems to me that there are some genuinely splendid people who hang around this forum. Helpful, knowledgeable (might I even say a little geeky?) and friendly. I feel confident asking for recommendations for a range of things knowing that I'll get good, honest advice. There seems to be quite a commonality of interests (would be interesting to do a Venn diagram of where people's interests intersect 😂). I reckon that there's something about home-brewing that attracts sound, genuine people....on the whole 😉

I agree Oneflewover, I started home brewing,And my father before me for mainly social reasons rather than simply wanting cheap alcohol.
After a few years this is STILL the only forum of which I am an active member.

A workmate got me into homebrewing many years ago and i joined the forum to get some advice, the wine forums were fairly quiet back then as i imagine the majority made wine from fruit which is a long process so i guess there wasn't a lot to discuss, i started the Supermarket wine thread having read some stuff by members Wurzel (of Wurzels Orange Wine fame) and Moley and that thread has now had 3,000+ Replies and 430,000+ views.

I agree with you when you say "I reckon that there's something about home-brewing that attracts sound, genuine people....on the whole" having moderated a football forum i can safely say this is a breeze. :laugh8:

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/supermarket-juice-wine-how-to-guide-and-recipes.49462/

Out of almost sixty post on guitars (no advice but I like the Gibson Les Paul), only one person who was unable to navigate the website. That's way better than what would happen on the street.
I'm a motor biker, runner, "tried" to play guitar, sports watcher, reader, music liker and most salient quality--beer maker.
Venn diagram away!

Latest posts

Back