TC-10 wiring?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Zee

Reaction score
I have just take delivery if the TC-10 from Forttex http://www.forttex.com/index.php?main_p ... ucts_id=14

I am a little confused :wha: with the wiring diagram http://www.forttex.com/downloads/TC10.pdf

I think it goes like this:

1. neutral from mains supply
2. live from mains supply
Question - No Earth required? does that mean I only need 2 core wire?

3. live from mains supply
4. neutral from cooling system (in my case a bottle fridge).
Question - what happens to the live and earth from the bottle fridge?
5. neutral from heating source (TBC)
Question - what happens to the live and earth from the heating source?

Question - I saw a set up on one of the forums where there was a plug socket for heating and cooling (I can't find it now). Is this possible with the TC-10, and how would I wire in the two plug sockets? This would mean I could use it for the fermenting fridge and then HLT when brewing.

Question - Any chance of a HOW TO on this?

Mr Zee hi....

I think you'll find that the N from both the cooler/heating go to T1...then you take the L from your cooler to T4....& heating to T5 then when the unit switch's on... that completes the circuit.
It states...."We recommend using a 15 amp terminal block to wire this rather than inserting too many wires into each screw terminal". All it is...you use the block to common connect....Also I would take all the E to a common connect on the same block...got to stay safe :thumb:

Thanks DJ.

Yeah, I can see that now.

Any idea on the Earth? I know the bottle fridge has an earth in the plug.

I'm not trying to rush but I see you are ahead of me in construction....I was hoping to get the first brew underway next weekend but the first born is coming along on Friday so I will have to try and get it in whilst on paternity leave :wha: :pray:

Hi....
You will have to see if the cable on your fridge is 2 or 3 wires...if it's 2 core it maybe double insulated this should also show the symbol on the fridge plate ...(it's like a small box inside a larger box)

ps....sorry didn't read it right....you have a E on the fridge....so just take it to a common T on the block with the E from the heating when you get round to it ....

Hi...

T....Terminal...you connect all the Earth wires to the same point of the screw terminals in the block...you do this with all the same colour wires...that's a common connect

One more question and I should be there....

Does this mean I still use 3-core wire from the mains plug and connect the E from that to the T with the E's from the heater and cooler? :pray:

Latest posts

Back