storage question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiamGo

Reaction score
hi all,

right all being well with my first brew id like to do a few more and might look into adding another FV to the collection (without getting ahead of myself) BUT heres my problem, ive got enough plastic litre bottles for one brew and i want to build up a stockpile for xmas, new years, social gatherings etc etc i dont mind buying another brews worth of plastic litre bottles but is there another and better way of storing the brew in the final stage? like say a keg for instance? if so how would this affect the carbonation process?
ideally id want to have a few different brews ageing, such as lager, bitter, stout, cider for example and relying on only 2 brews worth of bottles could slow things down and cause a problem.

thoughts?

TIA

I've bottled 3 different batches of coopers as I've said previously and just bottled it all, not yet tapped into the kegging market! I'd say get 4 or 5 buckets, 2 with taps at least for bottling, then you can have 2 or 3 brews one at a time if u want to stock up! ive been saving up plastic bottles for a while otherwise just ask you local pub to keep their magners/bulmers bottles and buy a capping tool and crown caps

go and stand near your local bottle bank and ask for the brown beer bottles that others dont want, you will very soon have more than enough

LiamGo said:
ive got enough plastic litre bottles for one brew and i want to build up a stockpile for xmas

TIA
I use plastic 500ml bottles so as I can pour all into a one pint glass without the need to decant into larger container first.

TIA!!
You're already better at the shorthand than I am.

Latest posts

Back