Stockport Home Brew Colab.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darcey

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hello All.

I have been an AG brewer for about 2 years now and work at a brewery doing the admin and lifting etc. I have recently finished my second brew on the new 3 pot kit. It works rather well but I was wondering if anyone in the Stockport area fancied coming round and doing an AG with me? Its up to people how it works. I can brew 50l batches of 4-5% abv beers so you can bring a fermenter and take it away or I can ferment it all and you can come round and bottle / keg it yourself. I am more than happy if a kit brewer fancies a go or a BIAB or even a voyeur as long as they like beer.

I don't know the kit fully yet and would not proclaim to be a master home brewer but its all about learning.

I am up for a few people putting in, also down the road there is the excellent Magnet and Crown pubs- 10 min walks away afterwards. I can provide all the LCMO base malt and the gear but may need the hops if you want something in particular.

I can perhaps get 4 people in the cellar at once and will make sure there is beer on draught as well. I have darts, guitars and PC/TV down there so plenty of things to do while we 'brew'.

I prefer radio 4 but up for any taste, I dont count my self as a brash person dont be scared of being shy!.... is this starting to sound like a singles add.? :lol:

Let me know!

D

I have family down there so next time I'm down I'll give you a shout and see if you're brewing. :)

Heya

If you're ten minutes from the Magnet, your ten minutes from me - I'm just round the back of there, near the Nursery pub. I'd be up for doing something at some point - and for someone to do some brew swapping with.

M

Wish I was closer this sounds like something I would be interested in, I'm still on kits but will make the move up when I can

Well People! If anyone is in Stockport on Saturday I am brewing. Perhaps a double brew day! I am up for doing a 4%~ pale with lots of US and NZ hops?

I am planning on brewing either 1x25l Pale 4% and a 5%+ stout or if someone wants to come round brew a beer with combined malts and hops and they bring a no chill cube or fermenter we can do a 50l brew and they can take it away with them?

Let me know.

I have:

19kg Low Colour Maris Otter
3kg Wheat Malt
1kg Amber Malt
1kg Biscuit Malt
75g Roast Barley
75g Black Malt
1.7kg Crystal 800

200g Stella Hops
200g EXP36
100g Brewers Gold
100g Cascade
100g Centennial
100g Nelson Sauvin
100g Citra
100g Centennial / 100g Centennial T90

Up for anything really. Would quite like to do a real ale style bitter or anything from a book if you fancy it? This will only be the 3rd brew on the kit so gravitys and total volumes are estimates atm.

I am in Stockport SK3.

D

Position filled! (not by a forum member) :(

I'll post when I am brewing again. :thumb:

D

I might as well eh? Got a sack of pale malt to use up and I can do 50l so people can take some away too!

I'll post again when I have permission to brew again. :pray:

This sounds like a great idea, i've brewed kits and wow's but would really like to make the next step over winter. i'm based in Gorton, manchester and would appreciate a look around some kit before i take the plunge!

chrig said:
This sounds like a great idea, i've brewed kits and wow's but would really like to make the next step over winter. i'm based in Gorton, manchester and would appreciate a look around some kit before i take the plunge!

More than welcome. Currently having a pump problem thats stoping us mash in!

I'll post when free.

D

Hi Darcey,

I would be very interested in joining for a brew day, only live up the road from you near the Blossoms pub.

I have move onto extract brewing a few months ago and hopefully will move onto AG towards the beginning of next year so would love to be able to see the whole process and ask the hundreds of questions i'm sure there will be :)

Regards

Helllo

mdavies1011 said:
Hi Darcey,

I would be very interested in joining for a brew day, only live up the road from you near the Blossoms pub.

I have move onto extract brewing a few months ago and hopefully will move onto AG towards the beginning of next year so would love to be able to see the whole process and ask the hundreds of questions i'm sure there will be :)

Regards

No problem. I have just got back from South Africa so it will most likely be in a couple of weeks when I have got work and home sorted!

D

Latest posts

Back