Spluttering beer tap

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davebispham81

Reaction score
Hi, im having some problems with my beer line. Last night i put 3 meters of 3/16 and about 10 meters of 3/8 beer line between my corny and my tap which seems to have sorted the foam problem i was having but has created another problem. The line is nicely coiled up and taped toghether sitting next to the keg in the fridge but when i finish pouring a pint the beer runs to the bottom half of the coils and the top half fills with bubbles, then when i come to pour another pint the tap keeps spluttering, beers then gas then beer then gas etc.
Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what i can do to sort it out ?

Thanks

Ours does the same the beer should flow properly after a few seconds if it doesnt its not down to beer line it could be pressurisation too low or too high

what pressure is your system at, it seems like a lot of pipe, either co2 is comming out of solution or air is getting in via the tap or a leak. I normally have mine at 15psi and 2mtr of 3/16 and everything is inside a fridge except the gas bottle and the tap so kept at 8 degrees.

mark1964 said:
dont think its the length thats the problem, pubs can have over 20 metres of line with no problems

My local pub had 2 miles of line ... from the brewery to the tap in the pub ,
Its a world record breaker for ... brewing a pint to getting it served at the pub ;)

Latest posts

Back