Something Missing?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bantamite

Reaction score
Something was missing, ah, I know, running low on homebrew. So started on my second batch. Tom Caxton kit. Since first one (well, 1st for 40yrs) I have learnt that dark bottles are better than clear ones apparently? So I have unselfishly quaffed a few pints of Adnam's Broadside, only for the dark bottles you understand, it was my duty. :drink:

pray tell me wots the diff between clear green aand brown bottles nowt lol why the hell do people rave about dark bottles :wha: :rofl: :rofl:

tazuk said:
pray tell me wots the diff between clear green aand brown bottles nowt lol why the hell do people rave about dark bottles :wha: :rofl: :rofl:

I know not the difference, just following recommendations. Anyway the excuse for some Adnam's Broadside was welcome. :D

i still use newcastle brown bottles never had a problem yet all my bottles are in nice dark place :thumb:

bantamite said:
tazuk said:

I know not the difference, just following recommendations. Anyway the excuse for some Adnam's Broadside was welcome. :D

I believe it's something to do with the light affecting the taste of the beer, darker bottles let less light through.

now't wrong with clear bottles, if you wrap them in brown paper or newspaper. Look real classy on the beer shelf.. :D

Actually for the time that most homebrew is allowed to remain in the bottle you could use any colour, and it would not be affected unless you left it where full sun was shining on it....

at last some body seen the light got my drift lol :thumb:

piddledribble said:
now't wrong with clear bottles,

Actually for the time that most homebrew is allowed to remain in the bottle
you could use any colour, and it would not be affected unless you left it where full sun was shining on it....

Back