Small bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richc

Regular.
Reaction score
Does anyone know a source from bottles less than 500ml in capacity. I like bottling stronger beers in smaller bottles and usually use the left over bottles from commercial beers. Unfortunately I'm a bit short of bottles for my upcoming brews, do I have to start drinking heavily or can I buy them somewhere?

I'm in the same position myself with 17 litres of RIS to bottle soon.
I'm frantically drinking Punk IPA and SNPA.....sheesh :lol:

Ive seen in aldi some very cheap stubby bottles with some french beer in from what i recall they are under 500ml you get 24 in a pack maybe have a party or something. I just ask work mates to save me their bottles :cheers:

mark1964 said:
Ive seen in aldi some very cheap stubby bottles with some french beer in from what i recall they are under 500ml you get 24 in a pack maybe have a party or something. I just ask work mates to save me their bottles :cheers:

Are the bottles brown or green?
Never considered that option tbh.....a case of cheap Euro fizz from one of the supermarkets.

mark1964 said:
Ive seen in aldi some very cheap stubby bottles with some french beer in from what i recall they are under 500ml you get 24 in a pack
I think you'll find they are 250ml, have screwed on crown caps and are made from extremely thin glass.

Don't bother :nono:

Don't know if you can get the German Flensburger Pils in the UK, but that might be worth looking into. They have sturdy brown bottles (both 0,33 and 0,5 liters) with handy swing tops and the beer itself is not bad either - excellent heavily-hopped North German pilsener... More fun than buying a case of empties, ha!

Grolsh always seem to have special offers on before xmas, so keep an eye out in Asda.

I like em big and brown though :lol:

I use a number of the 330 ml bottles both the brown or green ones, but not those with screw tops, apart from the obvious ie they don't hold a full pint :wha: I find them quiite handy either as tasters or when I just fancy a quick slurp during the week with my tea :thumb:

I've used the cheap lager bottles in the past and they are fine. Ideal for the lower levels of carbonation that you use in a stronger ale (Not a Belgian though).

I forced myself to drink 80 bottles of Bud minis (207ml) to bottle my RIS (at 10.6%) . . . many belgian beers come in 300 ml bottles.

I can buy bottles (180, and 225ml bottles) new . . . . How many pallets would you like (6000 180ml bottles to a pallet!)

If you want to buy a load of Punk IPA in 330ml bottles, I'm happy to take the contents off your hands and leave you the bottles.

Latest posts

Back