Silly question???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commsbiff

Landlord.
Reaction score
Ok I'm a dopey newbie - just bottled my first kit (yorkshire bitter) and started fermenting my second kit (scottish heavy). I would love to try some of the wines and a TC soon - though I'm moving house in June and may wait til after the move. I'm still very excited about the whole homebrew idea and can't wait to get stuck in to everything - inc AG eventually.

I have been looking at all of the ideas for ferment fruit juices, and found them really interesting and thought provocative. I just wondered (and here's my silly question) could you ferment something that's already carbonated? Like a big bottle of ginger ale, or fanta etc? Maybe just by adding some sugar (?) and yeast and fermenting in the original bottle?

Cheers. :cheers:

Thanks - all I needed to know. I'm sure when I do this for a while longer, the silly questions will stop :oops: . Thanks again.

If you can get past the preservatives in the drink itself you will not have any teeth left from the hellishly high sugar content.

You're alright CB :grin:

We all have silly ideas :party: thats why i'm posting this from prison right now :(
just kidding :lol:

Wez said:
You're alright CB :grin:

We all have silly ideas :party: thats why i'm posting this from prison right now :(
just kidding :lol:

If you've escaped again Wez they'll throw the book at you this time :nono:

Latest posts

Back