Side pour taps - building (if you know, you know)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegrantickle

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would really love a side pour lager tap, but the cost of buying one of the real-deal faucets by Lukr is abour £200 a pop!

So, I've been trying to think about how I could build a tap to do the same job, even if it is a lot less pretty...

The tap is essentially 4 main components - the main 'acive' parts being a ball valve (easy) and a nozzle with a fine mesh screen in it (not so easy) to create nucleation points and a big 'wet' foam.

So a nozzle, then a screen, then a 45 degree pipe going into a 1/2" ball valve, then going onto a parallel BSP nipple, which ultimately then just connects to the beer line with an in-line compensator fitted to it. Should work, right? All parts are easily sourced on Pipe Dream fittings, except the screen, which is what I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about?

Cheers
G

Stainless meshes can be bought quite cheapy from ebay, or cut out a bit from a tea strainer. Not sure what grade of mesh you'll need for that classic Mliko pour.

Back