She was robbed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Landlord.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't watch a lot of Olympics sports but i did watch the shooting and i agree with her -

Great Britain's Amber Rutter says "some accountability needs to be taken" and "an apology" given.
That is after *this* controversial end to the women's skeet final at the Paris Games

https://x.com/i/status/1823351064751468930

just read that on the news and she as asked for a apology as they can not re-run the event

Amber is a star.
Her coach certainly should have chirped up on her defence.

But watch the whole round, the other shooter was constistently a better shot all the way through.

Yeah. Robbed, by only on technicalities.

I think she knew that she was only just hanging in there and thats why she only asked for a apology.

I have a lot of sympathy and admiration for Amber - she makes shooting those targets look easy, when in reality you are shooting two targets crossing ~21 yards away, going in opposite directions at 65mph. You have less than a second to put the gun in your shoulder and shoot both targets.

But the rule is that a visible piece must come off the clay for it to count. There were three referees, and none of them saw a piece come off, so was it really visible (or were they all corrupt)?

When you've shot in competition you know that if you only chip a clay you know it's not a good shot, and there's a chance it could be called a miss. I think this is probably why Amber didn't put up too much of a fuss at the time. They did have VAR at one point, but I don't know why it was abandoned. I wonder if it was simply difficult to consistently capture every clay, plus it only shifted the interpretation over what was a hit to the video.

Not specifically about this incident but I watched the olympics on Discovery+/Eurosport and the coverage was excellent. It took over our TV viewing almost completely. We really liked the morning 'Bonjour' programme where they told you what was coming and the evening "Bonsoir" programme where they showed the best bits. The presenters and guests had a really good time as the programmes were fun. They had cameras on just about everything and you could watch an entire event un-interrupted. Miss watching it.

I have a lot of sympathy and admiration for Amber - she makes shooting those targets look easy, when in reality you are shooting two targets crossing ~21 yards away, going in opposite directions at 65mph. You have less than a second to put the gun in your shoulder and shoot both targets.

It sounds like you and I shoot "old man's". English skeet.
Olympic skeet is 88mph 😱😱

Well done Amber 👏👏

It sounds like you and I shoot "old man's". English skeet.
Olympic skeet is 88mph 😱😱

Well done Amber 👏👏

I thought it was 65mph and English was either 45 or 55 mph... either way I did shoot Olympic although I don't any more.

Whatever speed, it's too bl***y fast unless you're practicing weekly or more. When I'd shoot a round of English or sporting with mates it would feel like everything was going in slow motion in comparison!

Latest posts

Back