Scam website warning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Sticks

Reaction score
I have edited the link so the search engine bots dont pick it up - Admin

I'm always on the lookout for homebrew kits that are or on sale or just out of date. I recently came across a site that looks pretty new - beerkitsuk the prices look great, but a few things about the site make my spider senses tingle.

I can't find any reviews or mentions of the site on any forums or at all online. The site looks cobbled together - it has a 'liquor store' as an icon at the top, and the pictures look like they've been ripped from other sites (the Cider Kit image is from Malt Miller). Every new online shop has to start somewhere I guess. But digging further, the address on the 'contact us' page looks odd - the postcode doesn't seem to exist, 48 gloucester high street has a different postcode. I can't find a proper company name on the site. Every so often, a little box pops up on the left to say someone has just brough one of the kits I've been lookng at - "Mary Lou of Georgia US just bought A Bitter Kit", which seems unlikely.

Has anyone here bought anything from them? Am I being paranoid and this a legitimate site stuffed with bargains, or will my money disappear and funny things start appearing on my credit card bill?

If it's a scam, everyone should be warned. If not, I'd be grateful if someone could let me know and please don't nab all the bargains.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few things don't look right.

Owner of site is UK Drinks Sales 2024. No Limited Company of this name.

Postcode on Contact Us does not match up to the address. The address is a residential property.

The above would be ok (ignoring the incorrect postcode) if they were a sole trader.

There's no telephone number.

None of the social media or email links work.

The shipping information mentions orders in Italy

Privacy Policy mentions Australian data protection laws.

I'd avoid as looks like a website build that's just taken scraps of information from other websites.

Last edited:
A quick look at the Whois domain registration tells its own story...
Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 14.37.55.png

Latest posts

Back