S30 Valves can be a pain !!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stee41

Reaction score
Over the last 12 months I have overhauled every king keg lid I have with all new seals and lube, the problem I get is for no apparent reason when I come to add C02 or Nitrogen (midget widget) the odd valve just bleeds gas and none or very little gets into the keg, I have been really careful that all seals are done correctly and the caps tight, some co2 bottles also seem to fit better than others! anyone else have this problem...nowt worse that conditioning beer at the correct temps then its bloody flat when I try to pour! obviously a leak somewhere does anyone know of common problems with these valves, getting sick of it now!!

:wha:

Might not be the valve..........
Have a look at the inside of the cap where the large O ring sits......I have noticed that the inner part that holds the O ring can break. Its not very noticeable but if you take out the O ring then press you finger round the inner part you might find that this is broken or cracked.
This is probably due to over tightening at some time......it could be the cause of the loss of pressure.

hi steve its simon try adding the gas and have spray bottle with some washing up liqud and warter in it spray it all over the cap and you shoud see bubbles where its coing from mate

Hi Simon,

ah! a man with a good idea, will try that as long as it doesnt suck back! lol

Very tempted to sell all of my king kegs and go completely the Cornie keg way, cant be done with the hassle but might end up doing that next year if I have much trouble with these valves!! lol ............its def the best option

Latest posts

Back