round 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciderbob

Reaction score
hey guys

just started my second homebrew kit ...

must admit the first, all tho strong wasnt that good and if i didnt brew it myself i would have tiped it .. lol

so this time im going to leave it in the fv for 2 weeks ( should i change to another fv after a week or leave in same one for the 2 weeks ? )
i got a reading of 1040
i used 1gk of brewing sugar ( just cus the mrs baught it for me ) but also added 1/3 of a bag of normal house sugar

so back to the reading 1040 .. what % vol alc will this give me . also has anyone got a chart
that i can copy and paste to my computer so i dont need to ask everytime pls .... :cheers:

Good going ciderbob.

I tend not to bother dropping into a second fermenter. I know some of the books say its god practice but to be honest its an unecessary step.

As for the abv of the final product. Click on the calculator button above left. The first tool is the "ABV Calculator". Just put your numbers in. It will come out at around 4%avb. :thumb:

The ABV calculator is a great tool, but if you just want to use your desktop calculator:-
Your OG was 1.040
Say your FG is 1.004
Then using the figures after the decimal point, subtract one from the other.
40 - 4 = 36
Divide 36 by 7.46 and your ABV is 4.8%
If your FG is less than 1.000, eg 0.996 then you need to use the whole figure.
IE 1040 - 996 = 44
Divide by 7.46, ABV = 5.9%

Latest posts

Back