Rosehip wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnightmik

Reaction score
anyone made made it before know what colour its ment to be? Am guessing sort of pinky/red.. well mines sortof a orangey/yellow colour.
Help/advise/discuss :cheers:

Mine's very yellow.

On a recipe page on this forum, Moley described it as a Golden wine, so I assume yellow is about right.

Gunna follow you guys veeeery carefully. About to go foraging in a couple of weeks with the nephew and rose hips are top of my hit list. Did you remove seeds and hairs or just go for full mashings?

good to hear...

Rosehips i took stems of plus the black bit of the other end. froze and thawed them. then put in blender briefly in batches, (till blender broke) worked for me and didnt break up the seeds too much.

midnightmik said:
good to hear...

Rosehips i took stems of plus the black bit of the other end. froze and thawed them. then put in blender briefly in batches, (till blender broke) worked for me and didnt break up the seeds too much.

Exactly the same here. I used the large ones, which Moley refers to as the 'cultivated' sort.

I have about 3KG of the smaller, firmer bullet sort in the freezer, which I plan to use the same method with ones I've got a new blender. (£15 jobby from Sainsbury broke last week!).

Luke

Back