Rio 20 Under Counter Chiller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawks

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi

I have acquired ( legally I may add) one of these and now it has arrived it is somewhat larger than I was being lead to believe and to be honest just far too serious for what I probably want ( think I'm sticking with the temp controlled fridge).

Probably going to go down a route of trying to sell it / trade it for some shinier / larger brewing equipment. Wondered if there would be some interest on here before I start researching prices and looking at fleabay?

jamesb said:
Crikey, that's a brute isn't it.

That's the polite version... :shock:

You would need some room.. On the upside ( for me ) I also got some regulators ( primary and secondary), loads of tubing & JG fittings and a shiney double font, oh, and a spare CO2 cylinder... :party:

That would probably help MD :oops:

Struggled to find a link to one with a pic, here is its baby brother the Rio 10

Once I finish clearing all the attached pipework etc off mine will post an actual pic.

Free.... about the best price there is.. :thumb:

Friend of a friend has a restaurant, he was serving draft lagers but moved to doing just bottles and having more selection - incl ales. The brewery didn't want any of the kit back, just the old kegs so he was throwing it out. At that point I couldn't help myself and just said I would have it... :whistle:

This is the beast uncovered clicky. Taken off all fittings and emptied the water bath ( that at least shedded some weight).

Looking on fleabay, coolers don't seem to go for much, I am seriously thinking of stripping this down.

At first glance whilst taking off fittings there is a load of stainless steel pipe in there which I could use to force cool my beer - or even wondered about running the copper piping for the water bath into a coil that I could drop in and run the refridgerant round. Would save water, but would I want that near my beer? hmmm

There is also a Totton pump on the top that was used for sending water from the bath around a closed loop to the font. Looks like it needs a part on the back to attach an in & out - so need to investigate this option as well.

Will investigate more, but has anyone done / considered anything like this?

Thanks as always
Paul

Latest posts

Back