Refurbishing a Homark beer engine.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedrayman

Mild & Bitter
Reaction score
I've had a Homark beer engine come my way and I would like to change the seals on it as it 'splutters' when pulling. Not having any engineering background I wondered if it is a simple-enough job to attempt myself or if I should send it off for a 'professional' refurb. (I have an address of a company who can do a full refurb or who can sell me a seal kit).

Any advice greatfully recieved, thanks.

I'm sure there will be someone along who can tell you how to do it yourself, if not try Norm (the cornie king) drop him an email he'll help you out :thumb:

I seem to remember that Highwayman re-sealed his beer engine, not sure what type it was though. :hmm:

BB

BarnsleyBrewer said:
I seem to remember that Highwayman re-sealed his beer engine, not sure what type it was though. :hmm:
Your right BB :clap: ...I bought a full kit of seals for my Beer Engine which happened to be a Colin Farrar Pump. I got it from http://www.cfbsonline.co.uk/
It was quite expensive.. If you give them a telephone call and explain the make and model I am sure they will be able to help :thumb:

Its not a hard job to do, I have had mine in bits and put it back together no problems its simple enough, just put all the bits on a large table & if unsure take a photo of the inside assembly before dismatling so you can remember what goes where in the right order, when you put it back together.

UP

Thanks for all your help, chaps. Armed with this info I will now get hold of the seals and strip it down (with my camera handy, so I don't mess-up). All the best, cheers. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back