Razorback kit tasting sour

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaz_h

Reaction score
Hi.... new here and looking for some help please. I'm on my 5th kit.... Razorback IPA. I started it on the 20th, so 9 days in. I put the hops in 2 days ago. I've just checked SG and tasted a sample. It's tasting sour! Will this calm down the longer I leave it.... its not ready for bottling yet. Also is the 75g of pellets enough for a hoppy taste?
Thanks
Gaz

Hi.... new here and looking for some help please. I'm on my 5th kit.... Razorback IPA. I started it on the 20th, so 9 days in. I put the hops in 2 days ago. I've just checked SG and tasted a sample. It's tasting sour! Will this calm down the longer I leave it.... its not ready for bottling yet. Also is the 75g of pellets enough for a hoppy taste?
Thanks
Gaz
Yes, it will be fine.
As for the hoppy taste, not my gig. Traditional English and Belgian beers are my preference.
For reference, those who do hoppy beers would not think much of adding more.
Much more.

"Best Advice", try it early and if it does not suit, try more next time, but leave the current beer for a few weeks and it will be good beer, if not quite to your present taste.

Latest posts

Back