RANT: If you are thinking of buying a new bed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeltz

Landlord.
Reaction score
Avoid Dreams PLC like the plague, the single most difficult company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. After blaming their supplier for the inability to give a delivery date we spoke to them directly, seems as though there is no problem with supply. We asked if they have a retail arm and have arranged to have one delivered tomorrow.

Now back to Dreams, as we ordered over the telephone we are covered by the distance selling act. So we telephoned and asked to speak to someone to cancel and get a refund, passed from person to person and eventually cut off after 30 minutes. Then we phone again and I eventually manage to speak to someone in customer services. Nobody in that department can authorise a cancellation all he can do is email the right people about it and somebody will call us back within 7 working days!

There is no manager, line manager, supervisor or senior person I can speak to. I can not be given a direct number for the customer care team who would be the ones that will apparently call me back. I can not have any form of written confirmation that we had this conversation and that someone will call me back with the stated time frame as they don't have the facility to send emails or letters other than through their internal email system. As a customers service department the lack of ability to communicate in writing with customers seems fundamentally wrong.

I could go on...... and on.... but just avoid.

a little more digging,

DREAMS PLC
KNAVES BEECH
HIGH WYCOMBE
BUCKINGHAMSHIRE
HP10 9YU
Company No. 02189427

Mike Clare
Executive Chairman & Founder, Dreams PLC

Hope you get it sorted - I once looked at buying a loft bed in Dreams - when I saw the price I laughed out loud, left the shop, went to another bed shop and bought pretty much the same bed for £400 LESS that the morons at Dreams thought they could flog some bits of wood and a mattress for :lol:

Thanks Cyclops we have now sent emails and recorded delivery letter and have been amassing telephone numbers for tomorrow ;) We also contacted trading standards too who feel that their obstructive attitude may be criminally infringing our rights under the distance selling act. Its actually fortunate that we dealt with their telesales people directly rather than visit a store.

They have scotched the snake not kill'd it.

Definitely contact your bank about this too.

High Wycombe apparently has the same reputation for beds as it does for cars :D

Latest posts

Back