Ptarmigan

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingfisher

Regular.
Reaction score
I tried this Marc Ollosson golden ale recipe today and have 23l @1048, a little over target. I'm not sure about the 150g of added white sugar which I'll leave out next time for comparison. The Saaz hops were at 3% so I halved the amount given at 1.5% in the original.

I did an Ollosson recipe today too.:thumb: You've got me thumbing through the book now, not seen yours before. Any good, or first time you've tried it :?:

Page 40 B and the first time but I do like Saaz, there's another Old Horse Whip p104 that I may try next.

Which one have you been at :?:

I did Townes IPA (page 77). I love those Cascade hops.

Not brewed with Saaz yet, but you've got me interested now :cheers:

Looks interesting, I'm not going for a big ABV so it may suit. How long before drinking :?: I thought IPA's had to stand a while.

Saaz is really fruity and it has a big bro in New Zealand called Motueka that I'm trying to get hold of.

Kingfisher said:
Looks interesting, I'm not going for a big ABV so it may suit. How long before drinking :?: I thought IPA's had to stand a while. .

This isn't a 'real' IPA more like an american plae ale. I overshot the target and got 1048og. I'll probably be drinking it in 4 weeks, maybe 5 if I can resist. :drink:

I've got an APA on using Chinook which won't stop fermenting but I'll try Townes to compare. What yeast did you use :?:

I've done every recipe out of his book. They're great recipes :thumb:

Kingfisher said:
I've got an APA on using Chinook which won't stop fermenting but I'll try Townes to compare. What yeast did you use :?:
When I've done this before I've always used S-04. For this brew though I used Gervin English Ale as I have a few packets nearing their best before. Be interesting if I notice much of a difference.

Latest posts

Back