Pressure Barrel to Bottle transfer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SE10PAT

Reaction score
Hi,

Would it be ok to transfer some of my Wherry that is currently in my pressure barrel into 500ml glass bottles? Obviously I would sterilise these first and add some priming sugar.

I just didn't know if the beer would transfer safely and retain the beery goodness

cheers
Pat

I transferred beer from the barrel to bottles and the ale was absolutely dead. I then tried it adding a little sugar to the bottles and it just turned out sweeter but still as dead.

Yeah it doesn't transfer well.

My latest ag brew i pulled a litre out of a keg into a pet bottle so some mates could try it at camping.

They were still impressed but it was pony, totally devoid of life :(

I was thinking of doing the same with a bitter, is there anything that can be done to aid in the transfer from keg to bottle? What about giving the keg a good blast of co2 and priming the bottles?

looks like a swerve then, thanks for the help lads.

Junior, I reckon if you pump the keg full of C02 the ale will fly out of the tap and you could end up with more over yourself than in the bottle.

(obviously i'm NOT speaking from previous experience) :whistle:

I transfer my beer from the Corny to the bottles once by Corny is nearly empty, they then go away to be stored for a little while longer. I dont get any sediment in the bottles as it is in bottom of the Corny :)

Latest posts

Back