Pressure barrel leaked during priming = flat wherry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colin

Reaction score
Hi all, advice required please? Brewing a Wherry kit everything was going brilliantly. I batched primed and placed in a Wilkos pressure keg then left in warm garage for a week. Unfortunately the barrel had developed a slow leak due to a bad seal on the tap. I moved in to a new pressure barrel, topped up with CO2 to prevent oxygen getting in there and then left for a week more. The Wherry is now totally flat. I am considering adding priming sugar to the barrel again but believe I will need some more yeast. Does anyone have any ideas? Amounts required etc?

No need to add any more yeast, they'll be enough yeast left to do the job. Just re-prime and you'll be sorted :thumb:

Be sure to email Wilkinsons. I currently have an on going case with them about what started as faulty tap on one, then another that cracked due to what I suggest is a venting issue.

I just hate the standard lids on them, I reckon that little rubber bit is not weak enough to vent before damage.

They are still investigating, they replaced one keg, which I have replaced the tap on, and I am currently waiting on some 'kit compo' which they are looking at :D

Latest posts

Back