Plastic bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

31bb3

Landlord.
Reaction score
Went to LHBS yesterday asking about brown beer bottles he said he had some 500ml plastic ones with screw tops £10.50 for 20 just wondered if anyone has used them before or is this a no no :wha:

same as 2l jobbies I would guess absolutely fine for normal use, not sure if brown plastic stops UV though so direct light might cause strike.

Tonight I'm drinking a 12 month old edme stout stored in a 2ltr bottle, nice and creamy.

Bit sad really as this is the last of my kit beers :?

ive got a few of those edme stouts,...very nice, i have one i shortbrewed with brown unrefined sugar and its a winner... :cheers:

ive just started a real ale kit from tom caxton, ;)
again short brewed,4 gallons with half a kilo of unrefined brown sugar in it.... :party:

I did a few artyb with black treacle and 3/4 of a bag of sugar........ :hmm: must work on an AG with black treacle for a winter tipple

just bought a 24 bottle pack. they are brown and claim all you need for brew. the only down side apart from the feel is that the bottom is hard to clean.
love the fact that the highlight the fact that the tops are tamper proof :wha:
who's going to tamper with my brew :hmm:
and tamper proof only works once.

might be good for posting.

I got them to make it easier to give friends a bottle without the weight etc of glass.

Latest posts

Back