Picture or Video of the day.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a maths geek at school. While doing A levels (class of '71 too) I got a book of the ultra cool five-figure tables. Ten times as impressive.

If I remember correctly X was nearly always somewhere around 3.

At secondary school my mate was really good at mental arithmetic and I was good at converting the 'The train is going at 34mph north while the car is going 50mph south....' into what had to be done with the numbers. We used to get through a lessons worth of maths in 10 minutes. Then we would sit silently and definitely not mess about :laugh8:.

... At secondary school my mate was really good at mental arithmetic and I was good at converting the 'The train is going at 34mph north while the car is going 50mph south....' into what had to be done with the numbers. We used to get through a lessons worth of maths in 10 minutes....
I was good at mental arithmetic too but it caused me to get into trouble - we had a test where a set of problems were written up on the board and we had to write down the answers. I did just that and because I had not "shown my working" the teacher thought I must have been cheating and I got given 0/10 asad1 asad.

1727458773544.png

Back