PET bottle adapter replacement gaskets

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivor DeBeer

Reaction score
I use the T adapters with 2 ball locks;
1716823682758.png
but I need new gaskets (you can just see the black on inside), don't really want to keep buying the whole thing just for the gasket.
The dimensions are 17mm id, 26mm od, square cross section 3mm thick, not sure of the material but softer than edpm, silicon perhaps. I have searched for hours without any joy, unless anybody knows of a source then I might have to make a punch to make my own.

:thumbsup:Thanks, good search name, I didn't know that one, its the only one it brings up for me though. They are a bit expensive on the shipping even shipped in the USA ($10 for 3 washers? are envelopes and 2nd class stamps that expensive in the USA) and UK not an option.
Unless any other sources turn up I will have a go at making some.

It needs to be a flatwasher to seal against the narrow edge of the bottle top, a round section oring will just get pushed one side or the other.
I did find some 26mm od/ 16mm id silicone washers but they would need the hole punching out to 17mm to fit properly which might be more difficult than making them from scratch.

Latest posts

Back