Patience does pay !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baz Chaz

Landlord.
Reaction score
When I first started AG brewing in September last year, I had a problem with being patient :oops: leaving the beer in the bottle long enough to mature :roll:

Well as you can see from my list below, I've been fairly busy building up a stock of ale, all bottled :thumb:

Recently I've been laid up and not able do do much by the way of brewing/drinking :nono: but every cloud has a silver lining ;)

...... all the beers in storage have matured nicely and taste fantastic, I've a load of good beers stored and just need to keep ahead of the game and brew regularly to keep 'in front' :!:

The reason for this thread is to encourage all those who like me, lack patience, it really does pay to leave them to mature for as long as you can :thumb: I'm trying not to drink anything under three months old :!: except for the occasional taster :lol:

Being an angler i thought you were used to patience obviusly not P.S.im the same can sit by the pool all day waiting for a knock but leave a beer in a bottle just cant help myself

carp fishing aint real fishing, using 30lb line and just dragging the fish in is no fun, lol. What you want is so 1lb line and a boiley on the end :thumb:

Try a 18lb grass carp on Pole :shock:
or a 24lb Common on Pole :shock: :shock: :shock: now thats fecking fishing

I got into the Anglers Times just the once in a match at my local lake 3 fish for over 65lb all taken on pole in 14" of water close in.

I fecking sweated that day.

By the way I can't keep beer long either :lol: :lol: :lol:

UP

Great news that they're tasting good after being left for a time. I read in the one brewing book I have that you should leave them for ages before bottling (min 1 month post-fermentation) then leave them ages in the bottle (min 1 month). However, some other people (e.g. Kernel Brewery) are telling me that the beer is best when fresher. Wonder if there is a right and wrong answer here, or just depends on preferences and beer style.

i am down to a few bottles, two stout and three bitters. both are about 2months old and are drinking great. my newest stock has only just carbonated -i had a sample bottle last night. it will be good if i can leave it for a few weeks.

i was so worried i would drink the new stuff before it was properly ready, but, i remmeberd the 30 or so liters i put in pet bottles in the shed for a birthday bbq next month. theyve been there for over two months. looks like i'll be fine.

patience is good, but forgetfulness is even better! :cheers:

Back