The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaz_h

Reaction score
Hi.... just joined so that I can get help improving my brews and maybe, one day passing some advice back....

I'm on my 5th kit. Two complete fails..... a St Peters Pale Ale and a Razorback IPA. 1 mediocre ale and a really good St Peters Cream Stout.

I'm currently in the middle of trying that Razorback again after reading quite a bit on here......

Welcome. Newbie myself
great site, really friendly folks here
Sorry to hear about your failed kits.
Any idea what the problem was?

I have tried grains on a stove top; but usually do them in the winter.
Kits in the summer. No reason apart from having more time in the winter to flaff about.

Welcome. Newbie myself
great site, really friendly folks here
Sorry to hear about your failed kits.
Any idea what the problem was?

I have tried grains on a stove top; but usually do them in the winter.
Kits in the summer. No reason apart from having more time in the winter to flaff about.
The first kit had 2 things going on.... flat as anything... and also really really sour. I don't think I sterilised my brand new bottles. My last one was the Razorback. I'll drink most things but IPA is my go to, so I was really looking forward to it. It wasn't hoppy and again flat. I'm also not convinced it had any strength. I've started the same brew. I noticed that after a couple of days in the FV there was no gas coming through the vent. When I looked all the yeast was sitting on top of the foam that was created when I filled with cold water. After I stired it in it started to react. I also realised that I put the hops in to early and the flavour disappeared. This batch look and smells far better......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back