My new beer fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prolix

Landlord.
Reaction score
Finally drilled the fridge and set her up she is a thing of beauty and I was worried that she would be defaced after drilling, well was I wrong a couple of taps make any fridge look better. :thumb:

The new fridge in situ

IMG_1597.jpg

the insides. This fridge is big can fit 2 and a baby cornie inside

IMG_1598.jpg

A sideways fashion shot

IMG_1600.jpg

Close up of the drip bowl. Ikea stainless bowls I had lying around from my tesla coil toploads and bnq chain £10 the pair

IMG_1599.jpg

Looking at moving to a two vessel system to see if it improves the quality of the beer (efficency will drop but better beer is worth it)

IMG_1602.jpg

New pid controller box

IMG_1604.jpg

power in out

IMG_1606.jpg

Well I had fun :cheers: :thumb:

Bru4u said:
That is one lovely set up :thumb:
Is that a pump with corny fittings on it, for cleaning ? :wha:
any who, nice conversion Prolix

The pump is one of a pair to match flows during mashing and whilst sparging, the fitting are cam and groove fittings here I went a bit mad on them nearly £200s worth in total they are so shinny and really good quality, but the fridge cost a quid instead of £350 so swings and round abouts :party:

Nice conversion :thumb:

You mentioned Tesla coils?? do you make them? if so a pic please

Well I had fun
I can quite imagine you did and a great set was produced :thumb:
It is great to see what "we" on the Forum are achieving, posts like this must encourage others to up scale their operation. Troube is for me the more I read the more I find out how much I don't know. :? :lol:
So, the more we share our knowledge the more we all learn.
Hoped to fire up my new HERMS brewery this weekend, but only just finished it late afternoon.
Is it me or why do jobs always take twice as long as you think, that's if nothing goes wrong. :)
S
P.S. What temperature do you set the fridge too ?

muddydisco said:
Nice conversion :thumb:

You mentioned Tesla coils?? do you make them? if so a pic please

It only a static spark gap tesla, my first secondary, below got crushed by the builders when they stored my house in the garage 18 months ago, :eek: It did not work very well and needed a break out point to do anything

coil.jpg

I have 2600' of awg 26 right here infront of me to build a much bigger 6" secondary but been put on back burner for the last year with all the brewery upgrading thats been going on.

IMG_1613.jpg

I have sourced three 10kv 30ma transformers, one 10kv 50ma transformer and a 15kv 30ma transformer

IMG_1615.jpg

and built a new 22000v MMC for the new design and put in a dedicated Rf earth. But will have to wait until the weather is warmer to spin and varnish the new secondary.

IMG_1616.jpg

Once thats done, I will once again make sparks. :twisted:

Good spot, did not have any at the time so just push fit, these are only pressurised to 3psi so less chance of pipe coming off but will clip them as soon as clips arrive. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back