My First brew sampled

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alec

Reaction score
A got a youngs starter kit started it end of march, 4 bottles of it were drunk last week, very clear, decent smell and drinkable, the rests been in the keg for around 6 weeks, just poured a pint off, not bad at all, started a Werry brew this afternoon.

DSCN0961.jpg

Good stuff Alec.

You'll enjoy the Wherry, it's a great brew. You'll be mashing in no time!

The Wherry Kit was from Wilkos, £14.99 not a bad price, they have a limited ammount of HB in there. Just placed an order on line for a stout (muntons) and a barley wine (youngs) to try something different. They main problem seems to be collecting enough bottles, I've worked out buying empty's is around 60p each but you can buy them with beer in for around £1.33 if you buy 3 at once in Asda, means I need to drink plenty of beer over the next few weeks :grin:

After one of the members suggested it on here, I believe some members get their empties for FREE from their local pubs - I do. The Magners and Bulmers bottles appear to be the most popular as they are strong / dark brown / and hold a full pint. :thumb: Although not the cheapest route, I can see why your method might appeal :drink:

Latest posts

Back