Muntons v Youngs beer enhancer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guzzie

Reaction score
hi

Up to now I have been using brewing sugar. I am about to try cheshire homebrew mods for wilko weiss beer kit. This includes using a beer enhancer and i just wondered what the difference is between the muntons and the youngs beer enhancers - which one is the best ?
thanks
jig

I don't know them well, but beer enhancers are generally just brew sugar and dried malt extract in a bag. When I did kits I'd rather put in a bag of dried malt over an enhancer, and enhancer over sugar. Gives it a deeper flavour.

I doubt there will be much difference between the two, just sugar and dme, but if you are improving your kits I go for dme every time. Pretty much the same price at enhancer (or at least it was at wilko 3 years ago!)

Brew enhancer is usually Dextrose Monohydrate (fermentable) + Maltodextrin (not fermentable), therefore it boosts abv and increases body simultaneously.

hi
There appears to very little info on both enhancers but Muntons costs £6 and Youngs costs £4 hence the question. I think I will try the Youngs
thanks
jig

Back