Minor? problem with cornie

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samarith

Regular.
Reaction score
I put beer into my 'new' cornie 3 days ago and left it alone (so as not to be tempted), when I came to look at it today there is sticky beer residue (not loads of it though) all around the Out post.

I have 3 thoughts on the cause:

I did not dismantle the posts and lube the seals (first time using it from reconditioned) a small amount of beer escaped while the seals settled. Though it was holding pressure when it arrived.

The seal on the Out post was not replaced when it was reconditioned.

Connecting the tap was not such a good idea and I should leave it disconnected except when I want a brew. The pressure in the keg is too much for the tap seal.

http://www.hamstead-brewing-centre.co.uk/itm00561.htm was the system I bought.

I've cleaned and sterilised the area round the post base and left the tap disconnected to see if the leak continues.

I'm hoping that given the keg has positive pressure none of these possibilities will cause the brew to go off but I'd appreciate any help or advice.

Well I've left it overnight, no sign of a leak now.

I guess the next thing to try is refitting the tap. If it's the leaking part I'll give Hamstead Homebrew a call, if not I'll just check the posts after I finish the brew.

Thanks for the feedback guys. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back