Menu Wine Breather Decanter.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GanGan

Reaction score
Hi. Im new to the forum... and indeed wine making. I'v only done a couple of red kits and a few wows but these have all gone swimmingly well thanks to the invaluable information available here on the forum. So....Thanks for being there! :thumb:

Another birthday is fast approaching and SWMBO has been asking what I fancy in way of a gift. I'v seen these decanters on YouTube and I'm quite intrigued by them. A search on the forum didn't seem to through up much at all about anything decanter wise. Doesn't anyone use them I wonder?

I'm particularly interesting on hearing any opinions on this "gadget" and wonder if it would make any noticeable difference to our very young homemade wine.

Here's a link to one of a few YouTube videos demonstrating the decanter. It costs a little over £40 at Amazon.

Ladles and Jellyspoons.....The Menu Wine Breather.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_Oxz7OE3UY[/ame]

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

I don't think it would make much difference to cheap wine but i guess there is only one way to find out.

there £117, i think you would be better off spending £117 on wine if home brew is not to your liking, i cant see that making a massive difference

Welcome to the forum :drink:

I watched a video on these type of devices a good few months back (not this particular device though!). I was amazed to see that an ordinary kitchen blender spanked the lot of them. Probably the cheapest option too. Never tried it, doesn't appeal to me at all... probably because I drink cheap/crappy wines :D

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks for the welcome Chippy. Not sure it will make any difference to the wow's but they all taste great anyway. :party:

Kitchen Brewer. That thing looks interesting and it's encouraging to know that it does make a difference. Thanks. Not sure about the having to pass it around for each glass but....

dave0w. £40 at Amazon mate. Still a little over priced maybe...depending on how long before I drop it I guess.

baggybill. I had read that somewhere about the blender. I might give that a try sometime to see how it works out......just not in front of guests at the dinner table.

I'll probably give this thing a try. I have a couple of weeks to decide but I see good reviews about it and it will be easier for SWMBO to wrap than another carboy.
Will let you all know how I get along with it.
Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back