Menabrea clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve had a look about and can’t find much about info on this nice Italian lager - it’s one I’d love to have a go at cloning… don’t suppose anyone has any suggestions please!!

Lagers are really tough to do well, but a quick look at their US site says that the blonde is a lager with maize and hopped with Magnum.

Untappd says that La 150° Bionda is 4.8% and 20 IBU, which at least gives you some kind of starting point.

So if you start with something that looks like my SMASH recipe but with maybe 85% pilsner malt, 15% flaked maize, 20 IBU of Magnum, maybe a splash of Magnum as a late addition, Tesco Ashbeck water, fermented with 34/70 or S-189 you'll be somewhere in the ballpark.

Thanks… that’s sort of where I was heading but great to see a bit more detail 🍻 it says they have a house yeast strain so I I’ll start with 34/70 and see how it needs adjusting from there! I’ll let you know how it plays out!

Back