mash tun made

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark1964

Landlord.
Reaction score
07102010115.jpg
made it at last will insulate tomorrow and test :cheers:

yes just got to connect up the hose pipe with the appropriate fittings at the weekend then on sunday ill be testing it all out with a replica of carling black label :drink:

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Is there adequate drain with a single pipe for the mash tun, i'm not convinced :hmm:

BB

It will work, same as when it is hop straining, maybe not as FAST as more pipes would but that is also a good thing. Only thing bothering me is the holes may get stuck up with the malt, I would put a plastic/SS mesh over it (something like a splash guard that has been opened up) to stop it blocking.

hairybiker said:
BarnsleyBrewer said:
Is there adequate drain with a single pipe for the mash tun, i'm not convinced :hmm:

BB

It will work, same as when it is hop straining, maybe not as FAST as more pipes would but that is also a good thing. Only thing bothering me is the holes may get stuck up with the malt, I would put a plastic/SS mesh over it (something like a splash guard that has been opened up) to stop it blocking.
I always thought it was holes for hops and slits for grains. :hmm:

Latest posts

Back