mash test

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark1964

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just put 20l water in this elecrtim mashing/boiling bin got the temp up to 66 degrees and it seems to be keeping that temp give or take a degree. I was wondering if it mattered that much about a degree or 2 loss. As soon as temp drops the element kicks in again and brings the water back to 66 degrees again. If i use this method for mashing would it be possible to drain the wort off in to a 5 gal fv but how could i get the sparge water ready at 80 degrees if im already using the bolier to sparge grains. Would it be better just to buy a cooler box to mash in???????????? :?

ive got 1 ive been to homebase got a roll of that radiator reflective insulation and some tape but just tried to fit strainer on tap and tap is too big ill have to get another tap before weekend :cheers:

I find that a bit of pvc tubing over the parts works. I use some of it stuffed between the back of the tap and the 15mm tee. Saves replacing taps etc. You are not looking for an air tight seal anyway, as it will stop siphoning when it reaches the cuts in the manifold anyway.

Latest posts

Back