Live Brew And BBQ day

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattGuk

Reaction score
So, In preparation for the game tonight, I decided to Smoke some beef chuck while I Brew.
This huge slab of beef was supposed to feed about 8 of us, however my son had to isolate now due to a breakout at his school.
This beef is going to last a fair amount of time lol.
Chuck is currently smoking at 110°c and I guess it going to take till about 8pm tonight being that is 5kg worth of meat.
In the meantime, I'm heating 36 liters of water ready to brew.
Will update as I go.
20210702_193618.jpg
20210703_085215.jpg

Nice work! I’ve just been and picked up a three bone rib of beef ready for tomorrow. Going to cook it in our wood fired oven 😍

Haha, I think that's the only thing that's missing.
Apart from my BrewMonk this BBQ has been my best buy, gas one side, coal the other and and electric smoker underneath.
I have some Jacobs ladder to do probably next week.
Now just waiting for the wort to boil

So, In preparation for the game tonight, I decided to Smoke some beef chuck while I Brew.
This huge slab of beef was supposed to feed about 8 of us, however my son had to isolate now due to a breakout at his school.
This beef is going to last a fair amount of time lol.
Chuck is currently smoking at 110°c and I guess it going to take till about 8pm tonight being that is 5kg worth of meat.
In the meantime, I'm heating 36 liters of water ready to brew.
Will update as I go.View attachment 50110View attachment 50111
WOW thats some barbecue youve got there Mat. What make is it and where to buy.
Regards
Patch

Hi Patch,

It's a PitBoss Memphis ultimate BBQ.
I got it from Buff BBQ.
Still smoking away right now, I reckon another few hours to go

Really tender, I have done brisket before, and although tender, nowhere near as tender as this.
it literally fell apart and then melted in the mouth.
altogether, a really good, productive day capped off by a brilliant game.

its coming home

I smoked some chuck a few years ago. Up until that point, the only beef I'd smoked was brisket and in my opinion superior to brisket. If you can stretch to organic, Brown Cow organics sell fantastic beef.

Their beef is from Guernsey cows. A lot is from male calves born on their dairy farm and also older female dairy cows.

I *think* the chuck is called pot roast on their website.

In no way am I affiliated to the company, I just think they deserve a mention and though, being organic their meat is expensive, I think you really do get what you pay for. We had a mixed box and I have to say I think it was the best beef I've ever had.

Back