Life in the old hop...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Landlord.
Reaction score
Anyone seen any life in their hops yet? Nowt from mine yet... but I am incredibly impatient! :D

Seen about 1-2cm (on 4 sprouts) off my second year Fuggles so far. Don't worry, they will go mental soon, and you'll wish you ain't planted them :thumb:

Not bloody likely up here with the winter we've just had - I can hardly see my daffs never mind my hops. :lol:

I live in eastern Washington State in the US, I have 3 varieties of hops growing

Glacier - is up about 1 foot and in need of pruning

Willamette, is up about 8 inches, and is really really in need of pruning as it has about 25 shoots

Sterling - is just now breaking through the mulch

Nothing here yet from my fuggle. Well its only been in the ground two weeks and it was from a bare root

What did you get last years bones and which hops do you have?

Wondering what I'll get myself with it being my first year

I planted these last year..... no hops last year... the bines grew about 6 feet high.

I bought them all from Aplus

1 x 1 x Fuggle
1 x 1 x Wye Northdown
1 x 1 x Wye Challenger
1 x 1 x Progress
1 x 1 x WGV
1 x 1 x Cobb
1 x 1 x Redsells Eastwells

bones said:
I planted these last year..... no hops last year... the bines grew about 6 feet high.

I bought them all from Aplus

1 x 1 x Fuggle
1 x 1 x Wye Northdown
1 x 1 x Wye Challenger
1 x 1 x Progress
1 x 1 x WGV
1 x 1 x Cobb
1 x 1 x Redsells Eastwells

Cheers, bought my fuggle from Aplus and was hoping for something this year. Oh well hopefully we may get a summer this year and fingers crossed

might be worth trying to grow them from cuttings now , seen someone detail this on jims site will be trying it with some of the extra runners that are already growing from my fuggles rhimazones
1 is already 6 to 7 inches high already couldnt belive it when I had a good look today

Mine (first gold) are up :D
(where's the little smiley blowing a fanfare?)

Only a couple of cm... but they're off!

Back