lager ready to keg?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarvo

Reaction score
Hi all ive done a few brews now but this is the first time for using a corney and co2 so i have a few questions.Im going to keg the lager as i only have co2 at the mo so gonna bottle me stout until i get my mixed gas sorted.
Tested the gravity over the last three days and it stayed the same 1.006 so yesterday i racked it to another fv and added the finings.But when do i put it in my corny keg and how do i carbinate it using co2, do i just pressurise it to 30psi and then just leave to mature?

Hi Jarvo

Its quite a flexible process. Some people add the finings to the cornie and rack straight to there from the primary.

If you have added the finings to the secondary and have it under airlock then just leave it until you are sure it has cleared down. Then you can transfer to your cornie and pressurise. Add the CO2 as you suggested and then leave to condition for a few weeks, the CO2 will be absorbed by the beer over time and if you have the ability to cold store the lager then it will work even better.

As you will see time and time again on the forum - its all about patience. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back