King keg co2 conversion.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all.
I'd like to convert my king kegs so I can use them like a corny keg.
I'm not fussed or have the need for forced carbonation but being able to connect 2 up with external taps suits.
I know I can get a John Guest ball valve to do the delivery side of things but am wondering is there a JG device that screws on the s30 valve?
Or anything else?
Thanks.

What's the kit list please for fittings, just trying to work out what else I need, I'd need the elbow connectors to go in the fridge and what did you block up the old tap home with?
Have you got two left? I ask you to drill them if that would be OK?
Cheers

Hi all.
I'd like to convert my king kegs so I can use them like a corny keg.
I'm not fussed or have the need for forced carbonation but being able to connect 2 up with external taps suits.
I know I can get a John Guest ball valve to do the delivery side of things but am wondering is there a JG device that screws on the s30 valve?
Or anything else?
Thanks.
Interested in the same, how to attach an s30 bottle to king Keg permanently to allow more accurate/consistent co2 delivery

Interested in the same, how to attach an s30 bottle to king Keg permanently to allow more accurate/consistent co2 delivery
I’m not aware of a fitting (there might be one) that will connect a CO2 gas regulator to a S30 brewgas cylinder, if that’s what you’re looking for @feemackenzie ? I use corny gas post to connect a regulated CO2 gas cylinder to my KKs.

As I'm a novice, can explain or share a link with how you used the corny gas post on a KK?
(And thx)

What's the kit list please for fittings, just trying to work out what else I need, I'd need the elbow connectors to go in the fridge and what did you block up the old tap home with?
Cheers
I’ve attached a .pdf that shows the fittings I used in the past. I don’t use dowty washers anymore, just the o ring that comes with the gas post. And I don’t use the short length of dip tube for the beer out, rather use a pipe connector now, details later if your interested. WARNING: this conversion is not cheap and for a few quid more you could buy a used corny. An alternative approach (that I haven’t tried but sure it would work) is to fit a gas in post and pressure relief valve in your existing KK cap using a bulkhead fitting and T piece then fit the beer out post to the KK tap hole using a 3/4” BSP nipple, nut and 3/4” BSP/1/4” BSP reducer.

Attachments

• Parts list.pdf
    1.9 MB
Fair point, I think I've found an alternate solution that fits the s30 valve and then will do as you say re the bulhead fitting.
Any suggestions for a co2 regulator?

I’ve attached a .pdf that shows the fittings I used in the past. I don’t use dowty washers anymore, just the o ring that comes with the gas post. And I don’t use the short length of dip tube for the beer out, rather use a pipe connector now, details later if your interested. WARNING: this conversion is not cheap and for a few quid more you could buy a used corny. An alternative approach (that I haven’t tried but sure it would work) is to fit a gas in post and pressure relief valve in your existing KK cap using a bulkhead fitting and T piece then fit the beer out post to the KK tap hole using a 3/4” BSP nipple, nut and 3/4” BSP/1/4” BSP reducer.
For a few quid more..... Perfect phrase!.I think this will be the way forward.....

For a few quid more..... Perfect phrase!.I think this will be the way forward.....
Ha ha! My cap conversion took a couple of years to develop in small steps to address specific issues I was having at the time. Then it became a bit of a hobby project of a few “what ifs?” and “what if I?” so it wasn’t until I had “finished” and looked at what I had created that I realised the cost ashock1. Still it suits me. I have 4 KKs each with my cap and I get 2 in my Barrelater and that suits me.

Happy brewing athumb..

Cheers
I have 2 of these from Keith and I can honestly say the best brewing equipment I have bought. I use the connected to my beer engine gives a great real ale feeling

Latest posts

Back