Kegland Bucket Blaster

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phildo79

Reaction score
G'day

So I recently got one of these and after assembling it, had a go at cleaning two kegs. First was a serving keg so it wasn't too dirty. Second was my 23L keg that I use as an FV. Needless to say, that was a bit dirtier. I used the same water, just to see what would happen. Wasn't happy with the result so did it again with fresh water. The result was much better. I probably used about 15L of water and threw a few scoops of oxy into the water on both occasions. When the keg dried, I noticed some unusual marks/stains about half way down the keg. I ended up taking the keg apart and rinsing manually (and giving the inside middle a quick clean). I also took the serving keg apart and rinsed manually. I can't see how using the bucket to rinse with just water would be effective, as the remaining oxy would just be recycled through the keg again, albeit in a very diluted state. So my questions are...

1) What is the best cleaning solution to use with this device?
2) After cleaning, what is the best method for rinsing?
3) How much oxy does it take to spoil a beer during fermentation or in the serving keg?

Thanks in advance for any pointers from more experienced users out there.

Cheers
Phil

I have the Keg King version and use Enzybrew, rinse, then sanitise. Enzybrew is a bit pricier than oxy.
Jesus, not half. MM selling 750g for £15. Think the last time I bought oxy, it was under £3 for 1.25kg from B&M.

Do you rinse using the bucket?

Yes, remove dirty water, give the bucket and pump a quick rinse, then add water to the bucket, dump that, then finish with sanitiser in the bucket (not running for long as it will foam over).

Latest posts

Back