Kegged cider horrible - my options?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmrevis

Reaction score
I bottled half of my brew and kegged the rest as i didnt have enough bottles. The bottles are great, carbonated well and taste very nice. However the keg is a different matter. Its clear, but not very carbonated and tastes quite bland.
What are my options here? Could i add some more sugar and yeast and re-ferment, perhaps turning it into apple wine?

What sort of keg are you using?

If it's a King Keg or other plastic type you won't get fizzy as they don't hold that level of carbonation :(

Yes its plastic but apart from it not being that fizzy it also tastes **** - very bland, no apple aroma or flavour.

I think that the lack of carbonation will be playing a part in that buddy.

You could try to get things going again by transferring back to FV adding a few L of apple juice and yeast and bottle it all :hmm:

I was thinking about that. Say maybe 1L or so of good quality apple juice and a little yeast? What about adding wine yeast instead and making an apple wine?

I'd be tempted to add a few L (4 or 5) and stick to the same yeast as before :thumb:

Latest posts

Back